Study in Australia
Studying in Australia can be a great experience for students. Australia has rich culture and traditions that make it a unique place to study. It has many good universities that offer a wide range of courses for higher studies. From science to arts, there are plenty of options to choose from. To get into these universities, you need to take English language tests like IELTS or PTE. These tests assess their English language skills. If you need to improve your English, you can enroll in an English language class. If you dream of studying in Australia, Tokyo International Education Institute can help make that dream come true. It is the perfect place to get guidance and support for your journey to study in Australia.
Want to know other benefits of studying abroad? Click here to know.
Here are some reasons to consider why Australia is a great place
Excellent Education: Australia has really good Universities that are known all over the world. Many of them are among the best in the world!
Wide Range of Courses: You can study lots of different things in Australia. You can pick from classes like science, art, business, and more.
Learn English: Australia is a place where people speak English. If you go there to study, you can get better at speaking English.
Vibrant Campus Life: In Australian universities, there are lots of fun activities like sports, arts, and cultural events. You can join clubs and make new friends from different countries. It's a great way to have fun, grow personally, and make memories that last a lifetime.
Beautiful Country: Australia is a really beautiful country! There are lots of pretty places to see, like beaches, forests, and animals.
To study in Australia, you need to take tests like IELTS or PTE to prove you can speak English. You can also take classes to get better at English. Tokyo International Education Institute can help you go to school in Australia. It's a great place to learn and have fun!
Costs of living and studying in Australia
Studying in Australia can cost different amounts for Nepali students. It depends on the university, course, and where you live. Here are some things to consider:
Tuition Fees: The cost of studying can be between AUD 20,000 to AUD 45,000 per year for undergraduate courses. Postgraduate courses may cost more. It depends on the university and what you choose to study.
Living Expenses: You'll need money for things like accommodation, food, transportation, and health insurance. On average, you might need around AUD 20,000 to $25,000 per year. But this can change based on your lifestyle and preferences.
Health Insurance: You must have health insurance called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It can cost around AUD 500 to AUD 700 per year. This helps cover your medical expenses while studying in Australia.
English Language Tests: If you need to take tests like IELTS or PTE to prove your English skills, you'll have to pay fees. The cost is usually between AUD 200 to $350.
Extra Costs: You might need to buy textbooks, pay for visa applications, and do other activities. These costs can vary depending on what you study and what you like to do.
Remember, these are general estimates, and the actual costs may be different. It's important to research and find out the specific fees for the university and course you're interested in. Also, check if there are any scholarships or financial aid options available for Nepali students studying in Australia.
Do you know how much it cost to Study in Japan?
The two intakes available in Australia are:
Semester 1: Starts by late February or early March till late May or early June.
Semester 2: Starts by late July or early August through November.
Education System in Australia
Australia has a great education system that helps students make smart choices for their future. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is a part of this system. It gives students certificates at different levels of school, like elementary, middle, and high school.
The AQF education system has different degrees, like the Diploma (Level 5). This degree gives students specific knowledge and skills for skilled or paraprofessional work. It also helps them learn more in the diploma program. It usually takes 1 to 2 years to finish.
The AQF education system has a degree called Associate Degree/Advanced Diploma (Level 6). This degree helps students learn and gain skills for special jobs. It also helps them learn more in the Associate Degree/Advanced Diploma program. It usually takes 1.5 to 2 years to finish.
Bachelors (Level 7): This degree is for college students and usually takes three to four years to complete. It helps students gain a wide range of knowledge and skills for their future careers or more learning.
Bachelors Honours (Level 8): This special degree is for college students who want to learn even more. It helps them gain advanced knowledge and skills for important jobs or more learning in the future. It usually takes six months to one year to finish.
Masters (Level 9): In Australia, a master's degree is a very advanced degree in a specific subject. It takes one to two years to complete.
Doctorate (Level 10): In Australia, it takes 3 to 4 years to finish this special degree after college.
Do you know the scores to get for studying In Australia
Scholarships for Nepalese students who want to study in Australia
Some popular scholarships include Australia Awards Scholarships, Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships, Destination Australia Scholarships, Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships, and university-specific scholarships.
- Australia Awards Scholarships are funded by the Australian government. They pay for tuition fees, travel expenses, and living costs for students from developing countries like Nepal. These scholarships are for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are also funded by the Australian government. They support students from around the world, including Nepal, with financial help. These scholarships are for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies.
- Destination Australia Scholarships are provided by Australian universities. They offer financial assistance to students who study in regional areas of Australia. These scholarships are for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships help students pursue research-based degrees like a master's or Ph.D. These scholarships are available at participating Australian universities.
Many Australian universities have their own scholarships for international students, including Nepalese students. These scholarships can be based on grades, financial need, or other factors. To apply, you can visit the scholarship program websites or contact the Australian Embassy in Nepal for more information.
Remember, scholarships can provide support with expenses like school fees, travel, and living costs, making it easier for Nepalese students to study in Australia.
See here to know about Scholarships for International Students for 2024
Students can financially support themselves
In Australia, there are many job opportunities for students that can help them earn money. Here are some examples:
1. Babysitting: Students can offer their services to families who need someone to take care of their children. They can earn around $10-35 per hour.
2. Dog walking: Many people have pets but may not have time to take them for walks. Students can help by walking dogs and earn about $20-$30 per hour.
3. Lawn mowing: Students can offer to mow lawns for people in their neighborhood. They can charge around $20-$30 per job, depending on the size of the lawn.
4. Tutoring: If students excel in a particular subject, they can offer tutoring services to other students. They can earn around $30-$50 per hour.
5. Newspaper delivery: Students can deliver newspapers to people's homes early in the morning. They can earn approximately $30-$40 per week.
6. Retail jobs: Some stores hire students to help with tasks like stocking shelves or assisting customers. The wages can vary, but students can earn around $15-$30 per hour.
7. Pet sitting: Students can take care of people's pets while they are away. They can earn about $20-$35 per visit.
Remember, the wages mentioned are approximate and may vary based on factors like location and the specific job. It's important for students to discuss wages with the employer before starting any job.
Things to know before applying
To apply for an international student visa, there are some important things you need to have:
1. A Letter of Offer: This is a letter from the school you want to attend. Read it carefully to understand the course details, fees, and conditions. Keep a copy of this letter.
2. Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): This is a document from the school that confirms your enrollment in the course. You need to include a copy of this in your visa application.
3. Proof of English Proficiency: If English is not your first language, you will need to show that you can speak and understand English well. You can do this by taking a test and getting a certificate.
4. Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement: You need to write a statement explaining that you are coming to Australia to study and that you will return home when your studies are finished.
5. Proof of Sufficient Funds: You need to show that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Australia. This can be done by providing bank statements or proof of income.
6. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You must have health insurance for your stay in Australia. This will help cover medical expenses while you are studying.
7. Health Requirement: You need to be in good health and may need to provide a medical certificate to prove this.
8. Character Requirement: You need to have good character, and you may be asked some questions about your past behavior.
Remember, it's important to carefully follow the instructions and requirements when applying for an international student visa to study in Australia.